When considering whether Microsoft Advertising is worth it, it is crucial to take into account the unique advantages that this platform offers.
Microsoft Ads, previously known as Bing Ads, is one platform that deserves consideration. With a substantial potential audience reach, unique advantages, and the ability to complement overall advertising strategies, Microsoft Ads presents an opportunity to expand your online presence and engage with your target audience effectively.
With a significant search market share and millions of searches conducted every day, Microsoft Ads taps into a valuable audience that cannot be ignored. Moreover, Microsoft Ads offers specific targeting options and features that can help advertisers focus on their desired audience accurately. Check our article for a more in-depth comparison between Google Ads and Microsoft Ads.
💡 Key Takeaway: Evaluating the worthiness of Microsoft Ads is essential if you are looking to maximize your online advertising efforts. Microsoft Ads can be a valuable addition to your business’s advertising arsenal. By harnessing the power of this platform, you can expand your online presence, target your desired audience effectively, and drive successful advertising campaigns.
Learn About Microsoft (Bing) Ads.
Bing Ads, now known as Microsoft Advertising, is a powerful advertising platform that extends beyond just the Bing search engine. It encompasses not only Bing but also Yahoo and AOL search engines, along with partner sites. This expansive reach allows advertisers to connect with a diverse audience across multiple search engines.
It also offers additional platforms where ads can appear, such as Outlook, Xbox store, Windows app store, and even voice search assistants like Cortana and Alexa.
Moreover, the ability to target users based on LinkedIn profile information adds a layer of precision to ad targeting, enhancing the effectiveness of campaigns.
💡 Key Takeaway: Understanding Microsoft (Bing) Ads means recognizing its reach and potential beyond just search engines. It offers access to a vast network of partner sites and additional platforms. This wide array of platforms provides you with the opportunity to reach potential customers in various contexts and touchpoints.
What are the disadvantages of Bing advertising?
While there are several benefits to using Microsoft Ads over Google Ads, such as lower CPCs and different audience targeting, there are also some disadvantages. For example, Microsoft Ads has a smaller user base than Google Ads, which may not be the best option for businesses looking to maximize their reach. Additionally, Microsoft Ads lacks some of the advanced features offered by Google Ads such as automated bidding and remarketing capabilities.
7 Reasons You Should Run Microsoft Ads
Running a Microsoft Ads campaign, formerly known as Bing Ads, While Google Ads may dominate the search engine advertising space, Microsoft Ads offers a range of advantages that make it a worthwhile investment:
- Lower Competition: Microsoft Ads generally sees less competition than Google Ads, allowing for lower average costs per click and higher ad rankings on Microsoft’s search network. This reduced competition can make it easier for businesses to establish a presence and gain visibility among their target audience.
- Cost-Effectiveness: The platform offers potentially lower bid prices and more targeted placements, which can generate cost-efficient results. This cost-effectiveness, on average a cost-per-click (CPC) of $1.54, enables businesses to maximize their advertising budget and achieve a higher return on investment.
- Vast Partner Network: Advertisers have the advantage of ad placements on a wide array of platforms beyond search engines, including Outlook, Xbox store, Windows app store, Cortana, and Alexa, which allows them to reach users across various touchpoints and contexts.
- Precise Demographic Targeting: Leveraging LinkedIn profile data, Microsoft Ads allows precise targeting based on demographics, job titles, and industry, ensuring that ads reach the most relevant and qualified users, increasing conversion chances.
- Growth Potential: Despite a smaller market share compared to Google Ads, Bing holds a 9% share of the global search market, offering reliable search volume and the opportunity to reach audiences that competitors may overlook. Microsoft’s platforms like Cortana and the Windows search bar provide access to 1.2 billion unique users as of May 2022.
- High Engagement and Conversion Rates: Bing PPC ads tend to have higher engagement and lead to well-designed post-click landing pages. The average conversion rate across all industries is around 2.94%, while Bing Ads boasts an average CTR of 2.83%, which can lead to more traffic and conversions.
- Complete Set of Tools: Microsoft Ads provides a vast range of different tools to help you with your efforts, such as keyword planner, various networks, various campaign and ad types, and a robust set of bidding strategies available in Microsoft Ads.
💡 Key Takeaway: Running a Microsoft Ads campaign presents several key advantages ranging from lower competition and cost-effectiveness to precise demographic targeting and a vast partner network. With growth potential and a higher CTR, businesses should consider incorporating Microsoft Ads into their advertising strategy.
Who Should Use Microsoft Ads (Bing Ads)?
Microsoft Ads (Bing Ads) offers a unique opportunity if you are looking to reach a specific target audience and gain a competitive advantage.
While Google Ads may dominate the search engine market, there are several industries where competition for keywords is exceptionally high. This is where Microsoft Ads becomes advantageous.
The table serves as a checklist to help evaluate whether incorporating Microsoft Ads into your marketing strategy would be beneficial. If most or all of these criteria apply to your business, it indicates that activating Microsoft Ads campaigns could be a beneficial move for your advertising strategy.
|Check if Applicable
|High Competition on Google Ads
|You are experiencing high competition on Google Ads, which is increasing your costs-per-click and making it difficult to achieve top ad rankings?
|Your advertising budget is limited and you are looking to maximize your spend for cost-effective results.
|You need to target your ads very specifically, using data from Microsoft platforms like LinkedIn, to reach your audience based on demographics, job titles, and industry.
|Qualified User Reach
|Your goal is to reach the most relevant and qualified users to increase the likelihood of conversions.
|You aim to broaden your advertising presence to new platforms and user bases beyond those available through Google Ads.
|You want to take advantage of the market potential within Microsoft’s search network and capture an audience that your competitors may not be targeting.
💡 Key Takeaway: If your business faces tough competition on Google Ads or has a limited budget, you might find Microsoft Ads really useful for advertising. Plus, you can customize who sees your ads, making sure they reach the right people. This helps you make the most out of your investment and achieve maximum return on investment.
Is It Worth Advertising on Bing? – Final Verdict
Yes, Microsoft Ads provides extensive functionality, lower average costs, and the ability to target a wide range of search engines. By utilizing this platform, even alongside Google Ads, you can maximize your advertising reach and effectively target your desired audience.
Microsoft Ads is an ideal option if you are looking to expand your online presence and generate higher returns on investments. For small businesses just starting out or those in highly competitive industries, Microsoft Ads should be strongly considered.